Author Topic: What have you achieved today?  (Read 154063 times)

Offline Marty.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: What have you achieved today?
« Reply #4230 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »
 ;D

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4231 on: May 19, 2018, 09:42:51 PM »
exercise, swiffered, laundry and made a squash dish with fresh ginger & garlic for tonight's dinner.
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • deep down, I think I am an optimist ...
« Reply #4232 on: May 19, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
Drove home in our new car  :D

Offline Betty Croker

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4233 on: May 21, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
That's a lovely feeling, LFL.

Today I have learned not to apply hand cream straight after alcohol based hand sanitizer.

The cream in the handcream separates on impact and you end up with something that looks like cake mix all over your hands and arms.

Not a good look.
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt.......

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4234 on: May 21, 2018, 11:39:32 PM »
^ gosh, I didn't know that either, BCfb. I can just picture it though :-\

Today was a very good day here. My mother-in-law was here for the first time since the meningitis, and it went fine. She's still unsteady on her feet, and worries about everything new, so this was a really big deal. It really couldn't have gone better. 

And son the elder came round and stayed for ages and it was the best visit here since he left home. He's really growing up and it's so lovely to see.

Just realised this is not quite worded as a personal achievement but I think it can stay here. I could unpick it and examine which bits are down to me but I'll leave it as other people's achievement and just bask in the reflected glory. I'm just very happy things are going better for them.

I know already what my personal achievement will be tomorrow though.... I've gone to bed leaving the kitchen in a right state. Tomorrow is another day ;D

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4235 on: May 22, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
^ lovely to hear that you had such a good day LfL :)
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4236 on: May 23, 2018, 12:11:20 AM »
Thanks, Musette. Today was good for the kitchen, which is sparkling again, but less good for the work and studying I am hiding from.

Offline valerie

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4237 on: May 27, 2018, 09:14:53 PM »
research & laundry
The most permanent characteristic in life is change.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4238 on: Jul 04, 2018, 11:10:01 PM »
First university open day visit with NTC.
It was interesting and informative, if exhausting.

Also, made a big pile of meringues for NTC to take into school tomorrow (actually they're still in the oven and she's gone to bed, so despite only getting about 4 hours sleep last night after staying up until nearly 2am to make sure NOS got home safely and then getting up in time for a 7am departure this morning, I've got to wait up another hour and a half to get the meringues out ::)).

Offline Lust for Life

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4239 on: Jul 08, 2018, 08:16:05 AM »
^ Hope you managed a doze on the sofa with an alarm, at least, Musette. We're the meringues a success?

My achievement yesterday was impressive, though I say so myself. It's a bit difficult to explain without fessing up to how bad the state of my house is/has been, though. Basically our bedroom looked as bad as when we had been burgled, with piles of shoes and half-worn clothes on the floor, and a stack of three small suitcases which I hadn't unpacked from the last three trips away :-[. I have issues, which I'm working on, and have had deadlines, which meant I had to wait to get started on this particular mammoth task.

Anyway, we now have floor visible again for the first time in about a year (well we had a path to the bedroom door which was getting narrower and narrower...); we have done half of the five or six loads of washing and drying which came out of this task, have a clean bed (that wasn't too bad, we had more or less kept on top of that); the cleanish clothes are hanging up in a special part of the wardrobe for 'worn once'; I've found a new place to keep my shoes which should work better than the old system (which was partly why I had stopped putting them away eighteen pairs of boots/shoes/slippers/sandals ago). I've been able to hoover the floor for the first time in a year :-X :-[ And the cupboard doors close!

Today I have to get some work stuff done, but hope to get the clean and dry washing from yesterday (and from a bit longer ago...) put away and sort out some cupboard space a bit better.

We are lending our house to friends for a week in the summer, so we will get there this time! We started working on it last year but didn't get very far, then got burgled and were away a lot because of my mother in law being ill, and then it was September and I started a new job and a new degree course and the cleaning and tidying just got too much. In December I left the new job and we did a rush job on the living room because my son was bringing his new girlfriend home on a visit, then we bit the bullet and got a cleaner to help with downstairs. This was a bit (actually very) embarrassing for me, having to let someone see how bad a state things were in. But by getting someone to come once a week, and working alongside them, I am managing to clear and sort cupboards and piles of stuff. She hasn't been allowed in the bedroom yet but I know she's seen how bad it was. She likes coming here and I think it's partly because she gets treated better than in some places, partly because she knows she is really appreciated, and partly because the house gets cleaner and tidier week by week. We don't let the bits that are done slip back to how they were.

And while I'm in confession mode, I started the ball rolling in October for a diagnosis of why I can't seem to cope very well with stuff other people manage, even though I have above average intelligence and no physical disabilities. The diagnosis took forever, but a few weeks ago they confirmed I have ADD and this week I have an appointment to talk about coaching. The appointments got switched around, though, which means I started medication this week already. I think it's helping.

Offline Oso

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4240 on: Jul 08, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
^ I dislike tidying at the best of times so thatís an impressive achievement given the scale of the task. I hope the coaching helps if thatís what you decide to do.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4241 on: Jul 08, 2018, 09:53:35 PM »
That's an impressive list of achievements, LfL!
The meringues came out fine, thanks, and NTC even remembered to take them to school in the morning. She came home with an empty box, so I think they proved popular ;)

My house is something of a mess but I keep telling myself there's no point trying to make it properly tidy until the kids have moved out. I know this is not true, but it makes me feel better.

I've achieved quite a lot over the last few days, but I'm most proud of today which was my big charity event. It took 7 hours of my day and I was hot and sweaty and running around managing everything, but it went really well and everybody had a great time. I'm very relieved it's over for another year though! And after an enormously long and tiring day at Pride yesterday I think I will sleep well tonight.

Offline sarah_m

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • a design for life
    • flown
« Reply #4242 on: Jul 12, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »
I went to the supermarket with my mother, got everything healthy to cook to eat and enjoy and I cooked dinner and am writing now.
"dreamers, they never learn, they never learn.."

Offline PushingThru

• (yep)
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
« Reply #4243 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:04:12 PM »
Too much. The day needs to end soon. And now doing the washing.
No one is obliged to write in ways that appeal to everyone else - we're not paying for the user content. If you don't like it skim past it.

Offline Musette

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4244 on: Jul 13, 2018, 04:17:32 PM »
Laundry, mostly ::)