Author Topic: What have you achieved today?  (Read 122555 times)

Parker

Re: What have you achieved today?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »
Not so much an achievement, but a sign of progress that made me very happy..
I tried a chest expander with all 5 springs attached today - 2 years ago I would have struggled to stretch all 5 springs out fully - today it was so easy to do that chest expanders are now part of my warm up. :D

Offline Coniglia

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Ms Fluffy 2012
« Reply #16 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
7 Diabolical sudoku
The rest of the unsuitable novel.  Which was a bit too Worthy for an unsuitable novel.
Money, Beer and Chains (Black Adder)
The problem page of "More" magazine (terrifying)
Peanut butter on cardboard toast

^ Say more about the unsuitable novel. 

Please.

Well.  It turned out to be a bit worthy actually.  In the film, which I stupidly watched first, a discontented concert pianist leaves her Paris life and her Horrid Cheating Husband and disappears to the south of Italy where she has a Sordid Fling with a Beautiful Italian Woman.

In the book, she has a Meaningful Relationship with a Good Italian Man and an intense, but platonic, relationship with the Beautiful Italian Woman.  And she is a composer, not a concert pianist.  All very worthy.  I am rather disappointed.

Offline ThaïsInSeclusion

• "New England's Most Welcoming Hostess"
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
« Reply #17 on: Mar 10, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
^  Hmm.  Yes.  The book sounds like a comparative stinker.

I'd stick to Black Adder.

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
A mile walk through blizzard like conditions to get to pool, then 40 lengths swimming, then similar walk home.
Glad I forced myself out into the snow and got it done, when the easy option would have been to stay home with a cuppa!
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

Offline Muddles

• Won the 800m dash in 1998 then took an ambulance to the local hospital. gave up running and found cake!
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Do. Or do not. There is no try!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2013, 04:12:14 PM »
Not saying a single curse word today at work by replacing them with other words like flapjacks, stewth, stroll on, spandex, you rather nice person.

Now people at work are placing bets on me to see how long I can last, I doubt i will hold out for the week.
I will always bear that pearl of wisdom in mind, Muddles.

Bizoute

« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
A mile walk through blizzard like conditions to get to pool, then 40 lengths swimming, then similar walk home.
Glad I forced myself out into the snow and got it done, when the easy option would have been to stay home with a cuppa!

Jesus, Musette: that's impressive. You should definitely be patting yourself on the back.

I'm very tempted to take up swimming; I love swimming. But I hate chlorine (and have really sensitive skin and am prone to eczema) so am unsure. The local pool does also have a sauna though and I'm thinking if nothing else regular saunas would probaly be beneficial health-wise.

Offline Musette

• Perfect London Lesbian in Mum Casual
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »

Jesus, Musette: that's impressive. You should definitely be patting yourself on the back.

I'm very tempted to take up swimming; I love swimming. But I hate chlorine (and have really sensitive skin and am prone to eczema) so am unsure. The local pool does also have a sauna though and I'm thinking if nothing else regular saunas would probaly be beneficial health-wise.

Thanks Bizoute :)
I can't say I love it but it's the form of exercise I enjoy most (oh, be quiet at the back ::)) and I'm sure it does me good. I always feel better afterwards. I find the simple ploughing up and down quite meditative. I would love it if there were a sauna though!
But the chlorinated water is harsh on everything - skin, hair, eyes and cozzie :(
"U r a multifaceted dark horse. Oh yes you are..."

a wise and helpful soul, Musette  ;D

valerie

« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »
an inordinate  amount of grading up until 35 minutes ago

Offline Kess

• Award winning
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Velveteen and razorblades
    • Casee Wilson Music
« Reply #23 on: Mar 19, 2013, 04:26:23 PM »
* Moving van booked for the bargainous price of £100 for the whole weekend
* Grade 8 pieces finalised and rehearsed
* Made a dent in the sound engineering coursework
* Packed more boxes

Nearly there...
Pianists do it with both hands...

Up to 7/14 for FAWM 2017 challenge  www.fawm.org

Offline RedRowan

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2013, 08:31:07 PM »
Managed to get through the day without shouting at politicians on Radio Four.

Oh, and made soup!
Pardon me! Would you get out of your way, please?
Breathe fire. Blow bubbles. Adore yourself. If you felt good then it was worth it.

valerie

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
laundry? does that count?

Offline Dizz

• When aged 10, I won a smarties Easter egg for having the best handwriting in the whole school
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • kiss my ass !
« Reply #26 on: Mar 27, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
^Yeah.

Today so far I have -

*Changed the bed sheets,
*Done a small pile of ironing,
*Booked the Gwernan hotel in Dolgellau for two nights during my birthday weekend in May. (A bunch of us are camping for a few days, but as the plan is to climb Cadar Idris on my actual birthday, I'm thinking comfort and a luxurious bath after - so two of us are then abandoning the campers, which includes my twin who wishes to stay in her camper van .. we can catch up with them in daytime after a full English).
*Chatted with a work friend on the phone about work related shite,
*And cooked and eaten breakfast.

I best get dressed now.

ETA - and I've just cooked a chicken and spinach curry.. ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2013, 01:01:13 PM by Dizz »
'' You can't turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again.''

Bonnie Prudden (1914)

Offline animalnitrate

• Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Tawdry force
« Reply #27 on: Mar 27, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
I have taken the recycling to the dump, and I have done some shopping. This is more noteworthy than it sounds, because I'm not always washed and dressed before noon. (I have done that, too.) And all of it without an ounce of stress or crossness. :D

Otoh, I haven't managed to find my passport. :(

valerie

« Reply #28 on: Mar 27, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
sit-ups,weights,food shopping but forgot water, got 13,12 red,one orange roses for gf,as it is year 13 & i have always considered it a magical year because i will quit a long-time tenured job, I like the status quo unlucky numbers...6,13...

Offline Tak

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Kupo!
« Reply #29 on: Mar 27, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Improved vision as I finally got round to collecting my glasses from the opticians,talk about whole new world.
1 Arsenal

12 FA Cups

0 Equals