Author Topic: Pink Pony (venue update - not event)  (Read 954 times)

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Pink Pony (venue update - not event)
« on: Feb 13, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
The Pink Pony, York's newest LGBT 'fun pub' announces that it will be refurbished over May/June.

I did ask the if they could include hole free toilet doors and non slip floors :O)
They said that they are replacing EVERYTHING at a cost of 200k.

:OD
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

dukovearl

Re: Pink Pony (venue update - not event)
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »
Hopefully that's good news, but if it just means it's closed for 2 months and emerges with an interior pinkness to match the exterior, not so good.

I would suggest an area in which the very drunk young straight women might congregate which is not the toilets. Especially if they want to invite any equally drunk young blokes....

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Pink Pony (venue update - not event)
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
For anyone who wants to know...  The Pink Pony closed, something to do with a staff theft from the safe apparently, don't quote me as I am only repeating what I heard.

Anyhow, plans were already under way for the owner of Thomas's Bar York to take over this bar, refurbish it and open it as Stonewall York later this year.  Until then it has been painted white and opened last night as The Star.

QUOTE from Stonewall York Facebook posted yesterday_
So update : the star opens tonight ( please go support it 
Stonewall York refurb plans well under way and i apologise for not having clear dates yet it is at the mercy of the building owners & designers & planners... so check out star but dont forget Thomas's Bar York is open till 3am with DJ Kev. Have a great weekend everyone:)

If anyone actually wanted to know.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.