Author Topic: Let's do end of term - Christmas celebratory drinks.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Let's do end of term - Christmas celebratory drinks.
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
Ah yes I see.
For that reason, I was glad to go out, also my last day of work for a few weeks but yes, it will be packed. 

The idea of going to the Pony did appeal to me personally as it is my side of town thus avoiding passing as many drunk revellers but it may be pointless if it is very loud in there.

I will go and consult my gay friendly York bar guru...  He might know where the women are too.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:01:47 AM »
My friend says the Yorkshire Hussar is ok.  I am hesitant with it being so central yet.  I have no idea. 
Maybe there isn't enough interest for this night out, but then if we waited for that it might never happen ha ha.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

dukovearl

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »
I'm still interested, Whistling, I don't mind a small gathering if you don't! I'd also be happy with the Hussar - I think it's probably just far enough from the main road to not be instantly attractive to the Micklegate runners.

I wouldn't mind a swift one in the Pink Pony as well, just to see, like, then move on if it's terrible. Whaddya say?

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
Grand!  How about meeting there then :) ?  That would be the least scary place for me.  I will be easy to identify, as the one person who arrives alone looking like she just walked into a cave of sleeping bears wearing a coat made of alarm clocks.  :o   ;D

How will I spot you and your company?

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:13:59 AM »
Maybe it is better to PM from now on for safety.

dukovearl

« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:35:46 PM »
If you say so... ;D (I'll send you my mobile number when I've had tea).

I haven't had a definite answer from Buzz, Yeasty or . . . yet.

And Monkey, I'm very disappointed to not be wishing you merry Christmas and bon voyage in ale form and receiving your response via the medium of dance. But anyway, have a happy time  :D

dukovearl

« Reply #21 on: Dec 22, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
Well, I thought that was fun; it was lovely to meet you, Whistling, and lovely to see ellipsis, Yeasty and Buzz as well. I thought the Pink Pony was alright as well - not at all pink on the inside!

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2012, 09:11:23 AM »
Yes it positively glows on the outside doesn't it?!  No not too pink at all. 

It was great to meet you too Dukey and the other aforementioned lovely ladies.  I had a very enjoyable night out and hope it happens again soon.

Dukey, you know where I am if you are feeling musical :O)

dukovearl

« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2012, 11:58:01 AM »
 :D

As soon as the pre-festive domestic necessities are attended to, the presents wrapped and the day itself dealt with, I shall be musically available. I'll text or message you.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »
That's grand.