Author Topic: Who is this? It's me.  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Who is this? It's me.
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:02:08 PM »
Yes I want to do Go Ape at Dalby forest, but getting there is impossible it would seem unless your drive.

dukovearl

« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:29:26 PM »
Well, if you don't mind adding a bit of a walk up through the forest to the day's activities, you can get the coastliner to Thornton le Dale. I think spring would be better than winter for such a trip though.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
Yes I can wait. That is good info thought it was imposbile, I am starting training for the 3 peaks in new year so if you can think of any walks chuck them my way.

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
I did a Rope Works 'thing' in Wales and loved it.  I'm not sure how different it is to Going Ape.  I was frustrated with myself for being able to get to the top of the leap of faith but I daren't jump to the bar because I was 3 stone heavier and and have hyper-flexible joints.  I'd seriously love to do it again now that I am smaller.
I seriously think there should be play parks for adults in every town :OD  I go on the kid ones when it is quiet I just like to climb and balance and hang off things.

All the best stuff seems to require a car to get to :O(  but if you research well it is possible.  I even managed to get to Buxton from here camping once, it is just a bit pricey to use public transport.

Ape, what is with the Ape/monkey username?  There are lots of apes and monkeys at my house.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
I just fancied a change to a diff primate.

Looked at go ape site think I might be too much of a fatty at the moment so need to diet before go ape.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #21 on: Dec 08, 2012, 10:58:28 AM »
I don't understand?

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »
I was hoping you would click on the link and see this
Can I Go Ape?
Minimum Age - 10yrs
Minimum Height - 1.4m (4ft7")
Maximum weight - 20.5 stones (130kg)

I was trying not to 'eek you out' with talk of weight.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:27:53 PM »
When I did the Rope Works one in Wales I was 13 stone and my friend was 14 stone and it wasn't a problem - just the jump-grab-hang bit because my finger and wrist joints were too inflamed to support my weight and impact.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #24 on: Dec 08, 2012, 05:29:24 PM »
I am deffo under that weight, so should be ok.