Author Topic: Who is this? It's me.  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Creative Whistler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Who is this? It's me.
« on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
Just in case I wanted to comment and you wondered who on earth I am...

It is only me.   I've always lived in York and was 'part of the scene' when I was younger but I have been away,busy parenting.  My kid is 15 now, knows I am a lesbian, and thinks I should 'get a life' so I am here seeing what is happening out there in the world :OD

Hi.
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Re: Who is this? It's me.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:18:52 PM »
Hello I live in York too.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »
Hello, nice to meet you. 
I saw that you and some others were regularly posting here but I didn't delve too deeply into the dialogue.  I was just making sure there was some life here :OD

I was on the Libertas boards before they closed down, are you familiar with it? 
I met a few people from York there.  I'd ask them if they are here on Gingerbeer but the replacement forum board has almost 0 participation now.

Do you know, does much happen in York that isn't drinking and parties?
If I don't make any sense, just ask me... I usually mostly know what I think I could possibly mean.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:14:40 AM »
No I think Libertas closed down before I moved here, I came in 2010. There is a quize that happens and a book club that isn't drinking, that is all I know. I am not a big partyier myself, couple of pints in an old man pub does me.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »
The shop did close down... I don't know how long ago now but the forums were open until earlier this year.  Or was it last year now.  I forget.  The board was very active during the York Lesbian Arts Festival (definitely pre 2010) and stayed open a bit after that for people who met there to keep in touch.

I've seen flyers for the book club but I don't read.  My ADHD prevents me.  I am fine online messaging but I loose concentration in a book and either keep reading the same line over and over to make it stick in my head or I skim read the whole thing and miss most of it :OD
I like the Moomins and months ago a friend sent me a copy of Tove's Comet in Moominland but I haven't got past the second chapter yet!

Old man pub,  ;D  You mean one that has actual seats and you can hear what people are saying?
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2012, 07:48:33 PM by Creativewhistler »

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:17:34 PM »
Yep that is precisly what I mean

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
I call that a normal pub as opposed to a 'trendy' pub where people pay huge amounts to drink standing up and just look at people and fake plants after failing to communicate to anyone that you like this song despite having to get up close and personal enough to bellow it in their ear and usually end up wearing the drink due to the high traffic of people travelling between the bar, loo and entrance in search of a space to stand.

I think I must be officially old.

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »
Yep you must be but so am I. so you are in good company.

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
Cool. 
(another sign of age, I corrected my embarrassing spelling in my previous post)
I don't actually feel older, I just notice that there are more and more people younger than me. 

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
Well I am 27 so don't know if older or younger.

dukovearl

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »
And I am ALWAYS the oldest; it's the rule.  ;D

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:16:34 AM »
I have ten years on you Monkey.  Last year though I felt much older but I've improved my fitness and feel ten year younger than I did.  Not sure if I feel 27 again yet though.

Hi in dukey jubilo, I guess you beat me then?

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »
Talk of age eeks me out

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
Yes you use terms that I don't understand, definitely younger ha ha.  Well I shall no longer speak of age, zip.

dukovearl

« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
You've gone Ape! I want to Go Ape at Dalby Forest. Since my zipwire and trapezing exploits in Todmorden I have been experiencing the urge for scarier heights.