Author Topic: 10 Questions We Ask Everyone (10 new questions)  (Read 2353 times)

Offline jonilove

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • It's not what you say, it's how you say it
10 Questions We Ask Everyone (10 new questions)
« on: Nov 24, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »
What was the last thing you watched on tv that you enjoyed?

If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money?

Come up with a catchy slogan that bests suits you?

What do you like most about yourself?

What do you most like about your partner (or a close friend if single)?

What would be your dream job?

Your dream home and location?

What historical even would you change if you could?

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!).

If you could be a celeb for the day, who would you be and why?

Offline Spider Mo

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: 10 Questions We Ask Everyone (10 new questions)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:52:44 AM »
American Football
If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money?

It wouldnt change much except there would be a lot less work involved. I would donate large portions of money to
angencies and people who help people and hand out $100 bills to any one who asked me to spare some change.

I dont understand the question.

That I am brave and can make people laugh.

She cares about random strangers and marginilized people .

No job

One with a roof in central Calfornia.

I think you mean event so I will answer it that way. I would keep the British from reaching America. no offense.

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!).
Dirty Harry, Spirited Away, and the Outsiders

I'd be Jay Z so I could hang out with his wife.

Offline tee2

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »

Homeland, great last episode.

Travel, travel,travel.

I am what I am...Not very catchy but ultimately true.

My sense of humour,making myself laugh gets me through the lonely nights...

Her ability to tell it like it is in the best possible way

Thought about this yesterday and it is to be Father Christmas-I'm a giver.

A Spanish Farmhouse in the middle of nowhere with WIFI.

I would save the Dinosaurs of course.

The Usual Suspects, The Colour Purple and Beaches!

I would be Shakira and I would just stare at myself all day long

Offline Alex Stabilo

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • I often hear voices telling me they hear voices..
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
What was the last thing you watched on tv that you enjoyed? A film last night with the bloke from Star wars in it. (So bad with names!) He convinced his family there was nuclear war in America and moved them to some jungle......I enjoyed what I saw of it but I did fall asleep. Must watch the rest on iplayer.

If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money? I think I would use enought to pay off my bills and the majority of the rest would give to family and friends. Everyone says that but I would actually want my sisters and parents to be set for life.

Come up with a catchy slogan that bests suits you? Meh! Im rubbish at this sort of thing! A great mate, but dont expect me to remember your birthday! Forever forgetful!

What do you like most about yourself? My completely random humour, very few get it!

What do you most like about your partner (or a close friend if single)? Well I like all partner to be able to laugh at themselves and not take everything too seriously.

What would be your dream job? I like my current job but would like a chilled out sort of customer service job near a beach.

Your dream home and location? Have plans to move to Devon or Cornwall, perhaps even France for a couple of years.

What historical even would you change if you could? Not sure im a bit dumbstruck on this one... there are many things that id like to change but I always go with past is the past and work on with what you have got.

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!). Im a big Tarantino fan so Django is my new favorite, Little miss Sunshine and Jackie Brown

If you could be a celeb for the day, who would you be and why? Im not really a celeb person... however id like to be Kim Deal for the day just to be completely awesome!
I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.

Offline sherbert

• Pianist in training
  • Sin Bin
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • The ultimate pianist
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2013, 02:34:45 AM »

Coronation Street

Buy a house and get a cat.   I would still work as I like my job.   I would have a few nice holidays.

no idea at the moment.

my very slim figure (size 10 - 12 depending on the store I shop in)

I do not have a partner but my close friend is loyal and dependable.

I like my present one

Happy where I am thanks.

Not sure really

Rear Window
Miss Potter
Emma (is that a film?)

Helene Grimaud because she is a stunning woman and an excellent pianist.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013, 02:37:11 AM by sherbert »
Never believe everything that you are told

Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elmayyy

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »
Oh yayyy, a way to procrastinate and inform you folks a l'il bit more about myself... win win if you ask me!?

What was the last thing you watched on tv that you enjoyed? I can't remember the name of the programme but I really enjoy Police documentary style programmes...this was about Motorway Police. Failing that, the last show I can actually remember the name of which I enjoyed was Dog, The Bounty Hunter.

If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money? I would really love to go back to university and study something which will have a positive contribution helping others...either social work or midwifery...so I would do that, as I currently can't foresee me being able to afford to go back and study again. I would help every one of my family and close friends, and I would rid myselves of the debts I have and have a long overdue holiday...assuming you mean winning more than £10?!  ;).

Come up with a catchy slogan that bests suits you? 'The name is Loobie Lou...always here for you'.

What do you like most about yourself? That is a very good question, and one which I struggle to answer at the best of times. I would say I'm always there for people who need me; and I think that's a quality I like...although it does mean I get walked all over from time to time, which I don't like so much.

What do you most like about your partner (or a close friend if single)? Being a single pringle I shall have to answer about a close friend...my closest friend is my mum (sad maybe?!) I admire her for her strength of character and the fact she hasn't given up on me when other people have.

What would be your dream job? A social worker or a mid-wife.

Your dream home and location? Would definitely be in Australia...and close to a beach.

What historical event would you change if you could? Any act of terrorism, can't name one specific thing though.

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!). The Green Mile, Seven and The Hunger Games.

If you could be a celeb for the day, who would you be and why? I would love to be David Beckham for the day...just to taste true fame.

Offline Dr Feelgood

• Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Animals are my favourite people.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
Under The Dome.

My partner could stop working (not sure if I would though, I get bored easily) & my family wouldn't want for anything.

Overgrown teenager.

My taste in music. :D

She puts up with my daft ideas.

Anything to do with rock music would be good.

I love where I live now.

As much as it would be good to change things like the holocaust, 9/11 etc, I wouldn't change anything because then everything that followed would be different & that may not be such a good thing after-all. I mean everything happens for a reason doesn't it?

West Side Story, The Blues Brothers, Airheads.

Bonnie Raitt. It'd be awesome to be able to play guitar like she does, even if it was for just one day.
County Durham Or Bust

Offline enitharmon

• Ageing Drama Queen
  • Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Stranded on a windy island
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »
Olympic track cycling

I'd move to Buenos Aires and invest the surplus to provide a modesf income.

Quixotic Quaker Qurmudgeon

I've got nice eyes.  And nice hair.

Lots of won't power.

Quality controller in a whisky distillery

A comfortable apartment overlooking the harbour in Buenos Aires

What historical event would you change if you could?
Strike down the Inclosure Acts as unconstitutional

Les Enfants du Paradis
His Girl Friday
2001: A Space Odyssey

Ellen MacArthur, because...  just BECAUSE!  (Do I get to choose the day?  Can it be one where she's far out at sea on one of her solo voyages?)

whome?

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
What was the last thing you watched on tv that you enjoyed? Ok really sad I know, but I watched "Through the Keyhole" a few weeks back and that made me laugh out loud.

If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money? I would hire a fantastic nanny and travel with my kids to see the world.  Oh and help my family and friends out of course. 

Come up with a catchy slogan that bests suits you? There is an old lady in Surrey who's thoughts are all of a slurry, She is single and free but is wondering "Who's me" so try's to chill with her gingerbeer and curry.

What do you like most about yourself? That I am kind.

What do you most like about your partner (or a close friend if single)? she's inspiring (friend)

What would be your dream job? Midwife

Your dream home and location? beach hut, somewhere like cook island

What historical even would you change if you could?   Now that's a hard one.. not sure.  Do I want to mess with the world as it is now? I imagine it would all happen again if I did.  Hopefully the world has learnt from its mistakes of it happening in the first place huh? Ok, one thing ummmm OK, got it.... That the man who wrote the bible was a women! Now that would change things for the better, right?

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!). Billy Elliott, Dances with wolves and Babe :0)

If you could be a celeb for the day, who would you be and why? Neil Armstrong, as can you imagine being the first person to step on the moon! exciting. P.s on the day he landed on the moon please.

Offline MicrochipsAndMemories

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2014, 09:54:26 PM »
Paul O Grady's For The Love Of Dogs. My life is just too exciting!

I'd buy a house, not too big but with a real fire and garden. It would mean both my wife and I could work in jobs we love and not have to worry about money.

Awkward but awesome!

I have a great sense of humour :D

She created a child for us, carried him, cared for him and kept him safe until it was time for him to meet us. He is perfect, so is she.

Working with dogs, rehoming them or something.

An old farmhouse in the Yorkshire dales.

What historical event would you change if you could?
I would make it so Littlefoot's mother didn't die!

The Land Before Time
Stand By Me
Watership Down

The singer Lights, just because she is so hot and awesome!

scouser

« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
Scott and Bailey, ' the underlying sexual tension between them is driving me crazy with desire! :P
Change, mine, my children's, my family's, and everyone else's lives for the better where needed!
Scouser, scouser, used to be a tosser, she sits at home and dreams of of 'Via Fossa!' ::)
My eyes, if you mean aesthetically, or, my generous nature if other.
Close friend, is my sister/s, everything! Partner, if I had her...her amazing, loving heart. :)
The one I shall be doing on a voluntary basis, soon, with an excellent salary/package, etc ::)...
Espana por favour!/ again, village or farm house!
Hitler getting elected, or his mum being born fertile!
'You can't always get what you want, George Michael. ''Kane and Abel, '' Jeffrey Archer,(believe it folks, I'm not joking!), and ''The pursuit oh happiness'', with Will Smith.
Currently, George Clooney, (have you SEEN his missus'! :P

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014, 11:47:10 AM by scouser »

Slantrhyme

« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
Bake off
I buy a house, pay off my parents and sisters houses, give some money to charity and invest the rest.
Probably not as horrible as you think
The fact that I can normally see both sides of an argument
That she makes me a better person
I'd like to be a lecturer in literary theory… Yes, geaky I know
I quite like Oxford actually. Maybe a nice house in old Headington.
You can't change the past without changing everything that comes after, so despite my temptation to erase Hitler and Thatcher etc  from history, I think I'd leave things as they are.
The Green mile, sister act, the matrix
Not really bothered about celebrities

Offline Starmatter

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
What was the last thing you watched on tv that you enjoyed? Not strictly tv, but was on the tv so still counts ;) the goonies...hey you guys!

If you won the lottery, how would it change your life, what would you do with the money? Oooh I wish!  Make my family comfortable. I'd buy a new house, probably in Brighton as I've wanted to move back since uni. I'd also travel and if I had enough id buy a building for my team so we could carry on our work without the current risk of being sucked into the NHS and changed beyond recognition.

Come up with a catchy slogan that bests suits you? Erm...how boring, nothing dazzling springs to mind!

What do you like most about yourself? That I'm pretty laid back most of the time.

What do you most like about your partner (or a close friend if single)? Don't talk to me about partners or being single! Grrrr

What would be your dream job? The one I do now-children's mental health therapist. Although come to think of it id quite like to be in a cool band or something...just for one night. And an ice cream lady...just for a day ;) I also wouldn't mind being in the FBI but only if i could (very predictably) be clarice starling or dana scully.

Your dream home and location? Dream home would be a log cabin type, warm and cosy space. Dream location would be Australia (doesn't fit with log cabin I know!) I would love to be able to swim in the barrier reef every day!

What historical even would you change if you could? Wouldn't change any...these things happen for a reason.

Name your top three films of all time (or books or songs if you don't watch films!). Silence of the lambs, beetlejuice and to wong foo thanks for everything julie newmar! Can I do songs too - overlap (ani difranco), all is full of love (bjork) and deceptacon (le tigre)

If you could be a celeb for the day, who would you be and why? I wish I could say someone who makes a difference , whose intelligent. But I'm watching 'peaches does herself' and so my answer is Peaches...I want to wear the boob outfit!

Offline BioL0gical

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
Dr Who

I'd finally buy a damn house. If it was a lot of money I'd probably only work part time or start my own charity.

Oh crap

My intolerance of bullshit and capacity for love

I'll write about my daughter - her sense of humour and kindness

Unless I win at least a couple of million, I'm very happy teaching. I have plans for the 2+ million though...

North London, double fronted 4/5 bed house, OR very large property on some land where I could run a charity.

The industrial revolution. That's when man started fucking up the entire planet even beyond what we did with farming 10,000 years ago.

Books (for personal reasons) - The Grapes of Wrath, The Women's Room, To Kill a Mockingbird

That physics twat, the one who used to be in some rock band. Only so that I could get to use his brain to understand quantum theory better, and also to pee through a penis.

Offline Fantasia

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #14 on: Oct 28, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »
I don't have a tv, but I watch tv shows with streaming, so I'd say, uhm, wait I watch so many... Orphan Black!

I would buy my parents a nice house and a nice car, make sure they have the best out of their life since they've done so much for me and my siblings. Then I'd do what I can to make the people I love happy (which is what makes me happy).

If you wanna get into the Evil League of Evil you have to have a memorable laugh!

That I'm honest but, besides some moments of brutal honesty, I always try to be kind about things.

My friend's smile, I think it's wonderful.

I don't know, I guess something that changes every couple years since I seem to get tired so often!

San Francisco, a house with view on the bay. Never been there, but it always attracted me, since I was a kid. Who knows, maybe in a previous life...

The right question would be what historical even wouldN'T I change if I could!

Books: The Neverending Story (Ende), Just Like Heaven (Levy), Harry Potter (Rowling).

Tough one, I had never thought about it. Joss Whedon I guess, to feel what it is like to be a genius for a day.