Author Topic: Leeds  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Plush Velociraptor Cuddlekin

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Satan's Chaffinch
    • Writing Blog
Leeds
« on: Aug 25, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Hey all. Thought I'd pick the brains of the York beeries first.

A friend has messaged me about her friend who is just coming out. She in her mid-40s and wanting to meet other lesbians. I've been asked about places to go in Leeds but since I've not really been out much in Leeds I wasn't sure where to suggest. I've asked for clarification re what sort of thing she's looking for but suggestions gratefully received.

Ta!

dukovearl

Re: Leeds
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
Well, I'm going to move to Leeds.

<----helpful  ;D

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
I thought was going to be propsing a night out, o well.

As for advice on a Monday it is 1 a drink in the gay quarter.

dukovearl

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
A night out would also be a good idea. I mostly won't be there on Mondays until next spring/summer though.

Offline Elmayyy

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
Hello,

I'm a new member here and I'm from Leeds so I thought I would contribute to this thread; I hope you don't mind.

The main nights in Leeds, or should I say the busiest, tend to be Mondays (Queens Court 1 a drink night, and then Mission aka Homo 1.50 a drink) or Thursdays (Queens Court 1 a drink night).

I would say that they seemingly attract a younger, more student-esque crowd however...and so may not be of taste to your friend.

I, personally, enjoy Wednesday nights for 'Rock and Roll Bingo' at QC...followed by Kareoke at The New Penny...tends to be a varied crowd and a good chance to win some pennies.

On a weekend The New Penny is very diverse and tends to attract a mixed crowd, mostly more mature people...and the same can be said for the likes of The Via Duct, The Bridge and The New Penny.

I'm up for making new friends, so if there is a night out....please keep me posted.

I hope this helps =)

Dimps xx