WOC here  ;)

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
    • London Lesbian Singles
Re: WOC
« Reply #16 on: Apr 22, 2014, 03:39:16 PM »

[/quote]

I'm not saying that doesn't happen here I'm explaining what it's like back home.
[/quote]

That's the way I read it lobo.

Londoncutie123 Hello:) Welcome
Sometimes I'm grateful that our thoughts don't appear in bubbles above our head.

Offline LondonCutie123

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #17 on: Apr 22, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »
Thank you.

Just wondering if/ why/ can we use what WOC we are ...seemed rather vague to say we are WOC

A little politically incorrect :|

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #18 on: Apr 24, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »
Hi LondonCutie

Of course you can say. We all introduced each other on one thread but I can't remember which? It's fine to talk about yourself.

Friendly
Sometimes I'm grateful that our thoughts don't appear in bubbles above our head.

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
Found it! It's the Dear WOC thread. Why not introduce yourself in that thread. :)

Offline LondonCutie123

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2014, 12:55:32 PM »
Thanks Friendly  :)

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 02:23:03 AM »
Why has this board gone dead again? Naturale and M&M?

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 06:16:45 PM »
Hey Freindly.

i havent been on here for a while now hense not weighing in on the previous posts.

I think the key is embracing diversity and accepting that are different and will inevitable like different things.

I did not see anything about bisexual women specifically or any comment that would suggest anything other than more choice in the LB community in America which could easily be explained by the sheer size of the country and all its inhabitants.

I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

Regards
M&M

Offline paradox

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 07:17:33 PM »
I've never been to America so my opinion probably isn't worth much;

I saw a programme where they spoke about Idaho and the overt homophobia of some places like that. Apparently its linked to differences in state and federal laws. It must be quite difficult to navigate the scene (if you move around a lot). So maybe other channels are utilised when meeting up with new people (eg through friends). And that may be linked to who you grow up with etc.

It's interesting to hear the perspectives of others; I posted a 'where can interracial couples go' and this sounds like 'where can those who date their own race go'. I dont know if you can make assumptions on a persons relationship history (or future!) just by looking at who they are drawn to in any given moment though.

Maybe we just need to talk more...

Offline Contemporary Mistress

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2015, 11:06:48 PM »
Blackbutch2b

Lobo, are you seriously suggesting that racism and homophobia don't exist here? We didn't go through segregation (although there is economic segregation based on race and class here) but unless you missed every single history and geography class; then surely you must at least have heard of colonialism and England's imperialist legacy which still affects people of colour today.

What evidence do you have for stating that WOC in the UK don't work hard to get what they want and are not proud to be women of colour?

Both of you are entitled to your own opinion but surely there must be a way of dealing with your concerns without representing WOC in the UK as a bunch of confused game players who don't date other WOC.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen here I'm explaining what it's like back home. As that is reality.  I still remember going to a restraunt and only my father getting served because he is white while my mother and sister aren't acknowledged.
Or when in a clothing store I'm spoken to because of the light skin and way I dressed like I had money whereas my mother and sister went in casual clothes and were looked at as good for nothing dirty mexicans, as the woman thinks native people need to look like stereotypes from movies. They didn't realize I was related to my mother and that she is new money so lost a rich customer.
 Goin to the club ( a straight one ) my friends were thought of as single butches and that their women were available as one the men considered themselves better looking and secondly weren't black so felt they have the privilege to try and take their girlfriends.
How back home I had to listen to people say racist shiznic and work through it not complaining or telling them anything as I wanted that job I had at the time. They fired my friend because she was butch and rather than put the blame on the guy who mixed up the drugs in the wrong viles to send out, they picked her to take the blame because of her sexuality.
 Am I sayin it doesn't happen here. No.
 I'm saying it still exists back home. Thats why the women are the way they are. Because they have to be otherwise they don't get acknowledged, and when it comes to women they will have to put up with mind games if they aren't straight forward.
As for the workin hard that goes for everywhere but im not trying to be politically correct I'm mentioning they have to go through hard crapola and thats what makes them not waste time with games, and nonsense they don't feel should be priority. like girls who play games or just wanting to use them as a expirament to see what its like to be with someone of color rather than somone of their own race.
 Here girls might be the same with their attitude and actions. In honesty I only met two blunt ones who didn't play mind games with me which is why I'm still in touch with them and their friend as they are mine.
Doesn't mean british girls can't be blunt and straight forward and don't exist. Just got to look for the ones who have that attitude and presence really. But if you want to argue I'm not gonna get sucked in and fight verbally with you because youre trying to find a fight over my thoughts on awesome ladies back home.
If you don't like what I say don't read it. Hopefully you feel calmer instead of feeling like I'm picking on someone.

I  think  americans  generally  can  be  more  extrovert,  confident,  less  sexually  repressed  than  the  british.  and  I  don't  think  the  games  are  based  on  race  more  on  sexuality,  even  though  the  black  women  here  (  as  I  speak  from  experience)  have  a  particularly  homophobic  experience  that  is  much  more  sneaky  and  passive  aggressive,  in  which  it  becomes  more  difficult  to  be  as  properly  open