:) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2012, 07:11:22 PM by Rainbow123 »

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
Re: WOC
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
Where are we all?

I recall a time when there was regular activity and posts in this section of the board but it seems no one's interested anymore.

< < < < Missing our presence on GB!
M&M

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »
Yeah, what happened   ???
Sometimes I'm grateful that our thoughts don't appear in bubbles above our head.

Offline numpty

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2014, 05:06:04 AM »
I'm interested!

Please don't tell me I took too long to find this forum :'(

(do you have to do the verification thing every time you post? because it's annoying me now)

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
I'm interested!

Please don't tell me I took too long to find this forum :'(

(do you have to do the verification thing every time you post? because it's annoying me now)

Hi, it used to be busy in here. I suppose its use it or lose it! I'm not going to give up on it though!

I've just returned to gb and the verifying thing drove me nuts. Couple of weeks later it seems to have stopped though. Maybe its the number of posts? I dunno.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2014, 10:23:22 PM by Friendly »
Sometimes I'm grateful that our thoughts don't appear in bubbles above our head.

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2014, 05:29:40 PM »
I don't have to do a verification thingy... so not sure why.

M&M

Offline Naturale

• Gingerbeer Virgin
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »
I had to verify initially the low and behold i think it got fed up and stopped.

It's sad to say ...but it seems gay woc are... buried deep underground, taken, doesn't exist or simply
I don't know where to find us!!!
If you know we hang out please share :D

Offline numpty

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:13:04 AM »
i guess the verification thing is because im still a noob...

im sure there are places where lgbtq poc meet up, but most of those meet ups happen in clubs, something im not comfortable with because of anxiety and such

i found this; http://www.safraproject.org/co.htm

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:42:08 PM »
Oh, yes Numpty (Do I have to call you that :()  - KISS is a good start for you. Also try the LGBT of colour meet up M&M posted. I'm going to a daytime discussion so it's not always about clubs etc.

Hey Naturale you beat the system!

M&M, well now we know who their favourites are. :)) Just kidding. I think it's the number of posts or until a mod flicks a switch.

Wow. WOC are actually having a conversation!

Offline M&M

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • MsUnderstood
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2014, 03:10:36 AM »
There are a few groups on meetup I have everything crossed that they'll be good events and ongoing.,
There used to be some good convos in this section. Would love a good discussion.
M&M

Offline Friendly

• Gingerbeer Scene Queen
    • London Lesbian Singles
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »
M&M I agree. When people come here they bring good content. They have legitimate questions like numpty or they want to contribute to a discussion.

So the problem is the numbers but I really don't know why.

If people use other community forums like Facebook, Meetup or whatever - they need to understand they will just divide our community if we don't all come back here ASWELL!

We need to see GB as being in the middle of them all. A community focal point. Rant over.....

« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2014, 08:35:09 AM by Friendly »

Offline BlackButch2b

• Gingerbeer Newbie
Why does the Americans have the best looking WOC?
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2014, 07:15:15 PM »
I asked this question a whileback and some ego messed up WHITE woman responded. I have ajust joined and i have no intention of starting shit or catering to some figile NONE woman of colour, but why does the americans have more women of colour of different nationalities that are strictly gay who date the same race and not confused?

Offline Lobo

• Power Thrust GOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Let me in on my chinny chin chin LoL
Re: Why does the Americans have the best looking WOC?
« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
I asked this question a whileback and some ego messed up WHITE woman responded. I have ajust joined and i have no intention of starting shit or catering to some figile NONE woman of colour, but why does the americans have more women of colour of different nationalities that are strictly gay who date the same race and not confused?

Back home women of color know what they want and hate games, so are straightforward about things.
They are blunt and say whats on their mind. Hence why i miss women back home. Not all are that way inclined but the majority as they know it isn't easy.
One as alot of places are catered to straight people. So most get treated like theyre not part of the picture because they're not straight, especially if they don't fit the sexy stereotype of what a lesbian is supposed to look like.
 Two because lets face it racists and homophobes still exist back home. So they have to be a little hard when dealing with nimnos, which makes them feel how hard it is to get to where they are in life and to be proud of being a strong woman of color and lesbian on top of that. They don't got time to be confused about their sexuality lol.
Back home women of color goes to all no matter what skin color they are as you get dark and light from every race so they dont question a person who says theyre a woman of color. They will if the person obviously is getting white privileges and is not a person of color.
As for dating the same race well each person is different so will not care about race, or will care, or just want to date their own race because they want someone who was raised around the same things and such possibly.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2014, 02:02:42 PM by Lobo »
☆Dancing is inside me, let it break free with Divine Power!☆
BE WARNED ALL MY POSTS AND THINGS I POST ON I MAY OFFEND. RUN FOR THE HILLS THE BEAST IS COMING FOR THE PANNIES MAN THE PANNIES! :D

betterthanaverage

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »
Blackbutch2b

So you met more women in America who were not bisexual. So what; You don't get a cookie for that. Being Bisexual is not about being confused. It is a valid identity and deserves just as much respect as those who identify as lesbian or gay or queer or other.

I've been to America and found that in some places, the women tended to fall into a more butch or femme identity but that wouldn't give me enough knowledge or frankly the nerve to suggest that ALL American women are either butch or femme and nothing else.

As for dating your own race; that's a personal choice and perhaps you need to see your observation within the context of segregation in America  which is hardly something to celebrate.

Lobo, are you seriously suggesting that racism and homophobia don't exist here? We didn't go through segregation (although there is economic segregation based on race and class here) but unless you missed every single history and geography class; then surely you must at least have heard of colonialism and England's imperialist legacy which still affects people of colour today.

What evidence do you have for stating that WOC in the UK don't work hard to get what they want and are not proud to be women of colour?

Both of you are entitled to your own opinion but surely there must be a way of dealing with your concerns without representing WOC in the UK as a bunch of confused game players who don't date other WOC.

Offline Lobo

• Power Thrust GOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Let me in on my chinny chin chin LoL
« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2014, 05:02:22 PM »
Blackbutch2b

Lobo, are you seriously suggesting that racism and homophobia don't exist here? We didn't go through segregation (although there is economic segregation based on race and class here) but unless you missed every single history and geography class; then surely you must at least have heard of colonialism and England's imperialist legacy which still affects people of colour today.

What evidence do you have for stating that WOC in the UK don't work hard to get what they want and are not proud to be women of colour?

Both of you are entitled to your own opinion but surely there must be a way of dealing with your concerns without representing WOC in the UK as a bunch of confused game players who don't date other WOC.

I'm not saying that doesn't happen here I'm explaining what it's like back home. As that is reality.  I still remember going to a restraunt and only my father getting served because he is white while my mother and sister aren't acknowledged.
Or when in a clothing store I'm spoken to because of the light skin and way I dressed like I had money whereas my mother and sister went in casual clothes and were looked at as good for nothing dirty mexicans, as the woman thinks native people need to look like stereotypes from movies. They didn't realize I was related to my mother and that she is new money so lost a rich customer.
 Goin to the club ( a straight one ) my friends were thought of as single butches and that their women were available as one the men considered themselves better looking and secondly weren't black so felt they have the privilege to try and take their girlfriends.
How back home I had to listen to people say racist shiznic and work through it not complaining or telling them anything as I wanted that job I had at the time. They fired my friend because she was butch and rather than put the blame on the guy who mixed up the drugs in the wrong viles to send out, they picked her to take the blame because of her sexuality.
 Am I sayin it doesn't happen here. No.
 I'm saying it still exists back home. Thats why the women are the way they are. Because they have to be otherwise they don't get acknowledged, and when it comes to women they will have to put up with mind games if they aren't straight forward.
As for the workin hard that goes for everywhere but im not trying to be politically correct I'm mentioning they have to go through hard crapola and thats what makes them not waste time with games, and nonsense they don't feel should be priority. like girls who play games or just wanting to use them as a expirament to see what its like to be with someone of color rather than somone of their own race.
 Here girls might be the same with their attitude and actions. In honesty I only met two blunt ones who didn't play mind games with me which is why I'm still in touch with them and their friend as they are mine.
Doesn't mean british girls can't be blunt and straight forward and don't exist. Just got to look for the ones who have that attitude and presence really. But if you want to argue I'm not gonna get sucked in and fight verbally with you because youre trying to find a fight over my thoughts on awesome ladies back home.
If you don't like what I say don't read it. Hopefully you feel calmer instead of feeling like I'm picking on someone.
☆Dancing is inside me, let it break free with Divine Power!☆
BE WARNED ALL MY POSTS AND THINGS I POST ON I MAY OFFEND. RUN FOR THE HILLS THE BEAST IS COMING FOR THE PANNIES MAN THE PANNIES! :D