Author Topic: Where's good in Bristol?!  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Fireboi

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Where's good in Bristol?!
« on: Aug 05, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »

I know, I know, might be a dumb question with few answers... but there has to be some good places!

Recently moved here and now the house is (kinda) unpacked and settled into new job, wanna get out there and find places to have a beer and a dance! (especially as it's my birthday next week...  :D)

Any advice gratefully received!

Will somebody, please, just knit me some mittens?!

Offline Skyler

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Re: Where's good in Bristol?!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
The dancing part I can't help you with.

What kind of places do you like for a drink?

If it is sunny you cant beat the Cottage or the Arnolfini, or slightly less so, the Ostrich, in my opinion, as all are on the river. I'm mighty partial to Cafe Kino but it's not a boozy kind of a place and actually I don't like it in the summer as it gets too hot. 

All depends what you are into (and how much money you've got).

Welcome to Bristol and happy birthday for next week!

Offline Somerset lass

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2012, 08:18:50 AM »
Hello there
Well this is odd... I was last on GB about 8 years ago and had to reregister as I had no idea what my username etc were anymore.
I am now in the SW, just down the road from Bristol and am planning a couple of nights out with a "just coming out" neighbour.
I could use some recommendations for gay, girl friendly, bars in Bristol that won't scare the life out of a mature 19 year old.
Thanks in advance for your help and we hope to meet some of us on a future meet up,
B

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • Too postmodern to care (V.V., 19/8/08)
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
Ooh, I've been forgetting to check this board! Most of the women's stuff and queer stuff happens outside of the main gay clubs.

There's a useful website for lesbians in Bristol and the south west here: http://www.missinglesbians.co.uk/

There's a Bristol based weekly LGBT radio programme called Shoutout which you can listen to online here http://www.shoutoutbristol.org.uk/

I run a social network automated list for women in Bristol and beyond. There are over 200 members. If you want to join, send me an email address in a PM.
"get out of my thread you twisted love puppet" -- outoforder