Author Topic: O'Hooley and Tidaw and many others to play at Calderdale Pride June 16th  (Read 4362 times)

Offline calderdale

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
Calderdale Pride at Halifax Piece Hall June 16th 2012. Acts include O'Hooley and Tidaw, Valentino King ,Johnny Robinson and many more. 12pm to 7pm. Many stalls, food and bar. After party with DJ Heidi. Please support what will be a great day.

dukovearl

Yorkies - I think we should have a day out to this and meet MzBeehive as well, whaddya say?

Offline . . .

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • --Inactive--
I can't because I'm working 15:00 - 22:00. :(
No chance of me swapping a late for an on a Saturday either.
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2012, 11:43:13 PM by . . . »

dukovearl

Well, I would plan on getting there for 12, be a shame to miss anything, especially these lasses. they are rather ace yanno  :D

Kestrel

I'm up for it.  Is it a train or coach to get there or if there is enough of us we could hire a car and I could drive?

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Just to say that Calderdale Pride is very low key, and consists of a few people hanging about:

http://www.calderdalepride.org.uk

Including me, of course.

Will be good to meet you, and I'd be happy to answer any local-related questions.

dukovearl

MzB, NOTHING is lower key  than York Pride, we are promised more this year, but historically, we have a picnic in the park. Literally; Calderdale will be a positive rave comparatively  ;D

S-A; train to Halifax is easy enough and won't break the bank. Also, when you're tired after the festivities, a train's more relaxing than the drive.

Offline yeastier-than-thou

• Gingerbeer Newbie
i want to come too!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »
Should be a great afternoon.
Im working until 4pm but can jump  on the next train if you're all going. will meet y'all there hopefully x
Her ladyship and general genius

Kestrel

I'm resting this week so will be up to going, what train shall we catch and come home on, as I need to book as taking wheelchair and need to make sure they have ramp ready.  Don't need the chair really taking it to offer young ladies a seat  ;).

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
Do people want to go for a meal (probably lunch?) at Calderdale Pride?

If so, couple of possible choices (haven't visited them, but they look ok):

The Ginger Cafe - vegetarian / vegan: 7 mins walk from the Piece Hall (Pride venue)
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190786-d2307729-Reviews-The_Ginger_Cafe-Halifax_West_Yorkshire_England.html

The Lotis Grill - Turkish: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190786-d2090882-Reviews-Lotis_Grill-Halifax_West_Yorkshire_England.html

Rustique - French / bistro: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190786-d2014431-Reviews-Rustique-Halifax_West_Yorkshire_England.html

If you want to post preferences in this thread, I can check them out.

Meanwhile, current Halifax weather forecast for Saturday is high of 9, low of 16, with  98% chance of rain. Bah!

dukovearl

Let it rain! (though I'd rather it didn't).

Ginger cafe sounds good, see you Saturday  :D

Kestrel

Hi, I'm so bloody annoyed but my back has completely gone and has gone into spasms etc, there's Noah I'm going to be up to coming out on Saturday.  I cn only sit up for short bursts before I'm feeling faint and dizzy so I'm going to have to miss pride.  Have a great time and enjoy yourselves. Xxxx

dukovearl

Oh no, poor you (((S-A  :-* ))) I hope it improves very quickly!

Is anyone going, apart from me that is?

Offline Monkey

• Gingerbeer Goddess
I'll come along

dukovearl

^ Oh good   :D 10:27 train from York? Meet you at the station about quarter past?