Author Topic: 5 rhythms  (Read 656 times)

Offline tubegirl

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
5 rhythms
« on: Mar 03, 2012, 06:37:43 PM »
Hello, does anyone go to 5 rhythms? I'm thinking of giving it a go and wondered what people's experiences was.

Offline tubegirl

• Gingerbeer Newbie
Re: 5 rhythms
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
Thanks Mandy. There's a class in Greenwich I am going to see. I have some health problems and am not fit.

Did you find it spiritual or was it more to do with the dance?

Bizoute

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »
i've only been to one 5 rhythms class. felt good after, but didn't hugely click with it (but interestingly both friends i went with loved it. one's gone regularly since. horses for courses.) i click a lot better with biodanza ('dance of life',) which has equal focus on our relationships to our own selves, and connection to those around us. as i say though, it's very much a horses for courses thing. i know some people who love 5 rhythms, and i think biodanza and 5 rhythms both have similar aims really.

p.s. i really doubt your health probs and fitness levels should be a prob. mention 'em to the teacher, listen to your own body, rest when you need to rest. enjoy it if you go, and remember it'll probably be a friendly and welcoming space, no (or minimal) judgment.

Bizoute

« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2012, 11:12:39 AM »
me too. the thing that works really well for me in biodanza is that it's non-verbal communication. i feel we could all do with more of that in life.

Offline tubegirl

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
'Dance of life' sounds interesting, ta Bizoute. I'm off to search out some classes.

I think there is a 5 rythms class in Tuffnel Park, called the wave. Is that closer for you Mandy.