Author Topic: Dear ... a thread for those who wish to make a prayer  (Read 22044 times)

braveandcrazy

Re: Dear ... a thread for those who wish to make a prayer
« Reply #45 on: Jan 10, 2012, 03:12:20 PM »
Dear Universe,
This one's a tough one; nigh on impossible imo, BUT... I'd like a pair of tickets to the Arsenal Newcastle game in March please and thank you

braveandcrazy

« Reply #46 on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
Dear Universe,
This one's a tough one; nigh on impossible imo, BUT... I'd like a pair of tickets to the Arsenal Newcastle game in March please and thank you
I don't believe it!  I've been promised two tickets to the game!!!! *faints *

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
« Reply #47 on: Jan 13, 2012, 06:39:39 PM »
^ HAH!  :D
Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

braveandcrazy

« Reply #48 on: Jan 13, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
There MUST be something in this talking to the universe lark!  That's two requests (not quite prayers) that have been answered. Maybe because the intent behind the requests was earnest and not just stuff for personal gratification.  Who knows.  The universe obviously works in mysterious ways!  But I'm not complaining  ;D

valerie

« Reply #49 on: Jan 14, 2012, 02:04:35 PM »
I do not like organized religion& favor about 5 religious leaders.
Today,i will borrow from Jesus of Nazareth, who i believe was a Jewish man who spoke eloquently and preached wisely about kindness,love, & respect.
"Give us this day our daily bread"-in the next year,2012, this will be my mantra...to live day by day & let the future unfold

Dear __,please help me to keep my mind & heart on an equal plane each day.

braveandcrazy

« Reply #50 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
Maybe because the intent behind the requests was earnest and not just stuff for personal gratification. 

I like the concept of asking for our daily bread, and I usually do, ask for things that really matter to me. Because if we ask for what we genuinely need, then I think the prayer has an integrity. Many times my prayers are answered - even if I jog the situation along by doing a lot to help!
Yes, I think intent and integrity has a lot to do with it. I hope I only ever ask for what I really need -- for me and for other people -- not just for the sake of it. Despite some really low points in my life recently, there has been an overwhelming feeling that someone or something IS looking out for me and taking care of me.  This care manifests in a multitude of small ways and I take time to recognise these occasions and give thanks.  I am thankful for my life and for the people in it.  I can't really ask for much more.

valerie

« Reply #51 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »
Maybe because the intent behind the requests was earnest and not just stuff for personal gratification. 

I like the concept of asking for our daily bread, and I usually do, ask for things that really matter to me. Because if we ask for what we genuinely need, then I think the prayer has an integrity. Many times my prayers are answered - even if I jog the situation along by doing a lot to help!

My big thing about daily bread is that it is present thoughts. I have way too many concerns about a year from now & need to live for today

braveandcrazy

« Reply #52 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:15:09 PM »
Dear Universe,
Please send L some healing.  She's been house-bound since her fall almost 6 weeks ago and her wound isn't healing at all.  She's frail and she's in pain. B & T do everything they can but she really needs to get back on her feet again. Please help. 

Offline Guineapig

• Promoter
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • *meep meep*
    • The Yoga Club
« Reply #53 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »
Dear Me.
Keep the faith. Let instinct be your guide. Big decisions.

Dear god.
All of the above. Guide me.
Gingerbeer Yoga Thread

*meep meep*

Offline Gyda Gwen

• Welsh debating champion
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • it takes blood and guts to be this cool
« Reply #54 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Dear god,

Guide and look after my favourite little guinea pig

Also, help me show strength with such a difficult task
Every day i thank the Lord im Welsh

Offline lightning star

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Unadulterated aural pleasure
« Reply #55 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:03:12 AM »
Dear Universe,

You know what it is - please help me not to feel so overwhelmed and give me the leg-up I need to get to level two x
“God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just goes on trying other things.” Pablo Picasso

"You can't insure against the future, except by really believing in the best bit of you, and in the power beyond it." D.H. Lawrence

Offline lightning star

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #56 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »
Dear Universe,

You know what it is - please help me not to feel so overwhelmed and give me the leg-up I need to get to level two x

Thank you for listening ;D
“God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just goes on trying other things.” Pablo Picasso

"You can't insure against the future, except by really believing in the best bit of you, and in the power beyond it." D.H. Lawrence

valerie

« Reply #57 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »
May there be the sense of quality of joy and light in all of your lives.

Offline lightning star

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #58 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
May there be the sense of quality of joy and light in all of your lives.

:)

Dear Universe,

Please help me with you know what in 2012 - it would mean the world to me.

valerie

« Reply #59 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:00:55 PM »
2012 invites me to a plethora of decision-making.
I pray that i will not become obsessed with it &
know that somehow,fate will guide me