Author Topic: Oooh...kiss me quick!  (Read 6918 times)

Offline Tangerine

• Gingerbeer Diva
Re: Oooh...kiss me quick!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
I fell in love with Brighton 5 years ago when we were planning to move here...but by a freak twist of fate we ended up in Hebden Bridge, which was a mistake. We finally gave in and moved to Brighton 3 days ago, and I'm ecstatic - but don't know anyone. Is there a non-clubby Brighton meet in the works? Oh and we were given a gift card for Terre a Terre. Can't wait. And where do I find the gluten free pizza delivery?

Offline fetishkitty

• Beware the scary pheremones...
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • And.....she's back!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 04, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »
Gluten free pizza delivery is here: www.pizzafacepizza.com

Delicious!

Welcome to Brighton...

kitty

Offline Tangerine

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:53:08 AM »
Thanks Kitty  ;D

Offline seabreeze

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
Haven't fallen in love in Brighton yet,but who knows what tomorrow holds? :)
It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.
George Soros
In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.
Peter Lynch

Offline Wilson95

• Gingerbeer Newbie
  • Gingerbeer.co.uk - The Lesbian Guide
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
Hi Kitty,

Welcome to Brighton  :)

I think a non-clubby meeting could be in the works. Seems a shame not to have anything going on down here. Any ideas?

Seebreeze, did tomorrow hold much?  ;)

braveheart

« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:55:05 PM »
Brighton is the only place to be at xmas unless one is inlove ...even then

Offline seabreeze

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
Hi Wilson95

Still waiting for that tomorrow and that could be a while as i will be working on London for the next 6 weeks 8)
It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.
George Soros
In this business if you're good, you're right six times out of ten. You're never going to be right nine times out of ten.
Peter Lynch

Offline Wilson95

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »
I'm sure it won't be that long.  :)

If you're in London for a while and you should check this out

http://www.southbanksurfing.com/

I'm heading back for a few weeks so will probably go to one of them.

Offline seabreeze

• Gingerbeer Newbie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
Thanks for the link  8)
George Soros
Peter Lynch

Jett

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
Hello Brightonians  :D

My gf has never been to Brighton. Outrageous I know. We have a 3 night mini break planned in Sep. Any recommendations on places to stay, please, and places to take her to?? I'm a veggie so obviously terre a terre is on the list. And the shopping. And the pier.

:D :D

(also long shot: anyone know of a hotel that has a pool inside?)

Bizoute

« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »
Can't do hotel recommendations but places you could take her:

Not just terre a terre but for daytime less fancy veggie food Brighton is fab. North Laine = mecca for it. Wai Kika Moo Kau in Kensington Gardens is yummy, extensive, all veggie. Infinity Foods Cafe does great vegan cakes and good mezze. Further out of the centre of the town, the Loving Hut on the Level is cheap and good. Wild Cherry on Queen's Park Road (further out, but if you make it that far, Queen's park - opposite it - is lovely and worth a wander) has great veggie options and is generally lovely.

Duke of York's Picturehouse near Preston Park is a lovely little cinema, first purpose-built cinema in UK and shows good stuffs. Nice bar above it too. Maybe check and see if anything interesting is coming up at The Dome or Komedia (both googlable.) Check What's On In Brighton website for any listings specific to particular days you're here.

And maybe a trip to The Royal Pavilion. Oh, and for a super-stylish cafe, Marwood Studios in the Lanes. Oh and Fabrica art gallery (converted church) also in The Lanes is free and worth a visit.

Offline Sorted.

• Slutclique Fluffer
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Hold your beliefs lightly.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
Snooze up in Kemptown Village is a cool hotel.

Also in Kemptown villa - loads of flea markets, retro shops and chilled cafes.  Also my favourite local 'The Hand in Hand' tiny, old school pub with the best on draught cherry beer outside of Belgium. 

Offline MzB

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #27 on: Jun 19, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
There seem to be four hotels with a pool in Brighton, Jett:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g186273-zfa3-Brighton_East_Sussex_England-Hotels.html

Not sure that any of them look that wonderful.

Surely there must be some nice public pools in Brighton though? If so, maybe you could get a hotel nearby?

Bizoute

« Reply #28 on: Jun 19, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »

Also in Kemptown villa - loads of flea markets, retro shops and chilled cafes.  Also my favourite local 'The Hand in Hand' tiny, old school pub with the best on draught cherry beer outside of Belgium.

we discovered the 'black dove' pub recently in camptown. i like it. also in that 'hood, muang thai does really good, not inauthentic thai food, and is cute & kitschy.

Offline restlesspilgrim

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #29 on: Jul 19, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »
10 years, and I still get lost in the Lanes sometimes, if I'm not paying attention where I'm going!  :-\
I've never fallen in love in Brighton - I always seem to fall in love in London, which is a problem really, as I moved away from Brighton once for love, and now I'm back, you couldn't budge me back out again with a crowbar!  :D