Author Topic: Bathe me in honey and throw me to the lesbians...  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Miaow

• Creative Artistic Soul
  • GB Testers
  • Gingerbeer Devotee
  • Metamodern Fourth-wave Pussycat
Bathe me in honey and throw me to the lesbians...
« on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »

Bath oils, soaps, potions..

Which do you like? I like sea minerals, and Ginseng for bathing.

Soaps from the Bodyshop and Neal's Yard.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011, 08:26:09 PM by Miaow »
Femme, queer, feminist

Offline JuicyCrone

• Gingerbeer Goddess
  • Strangely strange, but oddly normal...
Re: Bath oils, potions, soaps
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:42:36 PM »
I have to go for anything SLS free, due to some recent skin problems.  And of course they must not have been tested on animals, and must be environmentally friendly.  Apart from that I like anything that smells clean - tea-tree, lavendar, citrus those kind of fragrances.

Unfortunately I don't have a bath, so have to shower.  I would love a long soak in a bath, that would be bliss to me right now.

I saw programme last week when they showed how soap used to be made out of wood ash and lard; I thought I might give that a try, but obviously would use vegetable fat instead of the lard.  Actually I would like to get into making my own soaps, another retirement project!
And she saw that she looked like the Goddess Mothers she had just seen. ...........She left the museum juicy, full and ripe with possibilities.

Deb-RA Sawers (from We'moon 03)

Panthera

« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »
Not into cosmetics, but the stuff I do use is normally organic. Dr. Bronner's magic liquid soap for example and Organic Blue body lotion. That's it really.

Offline laraC

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2011, 11:10:59 PM »
I have a really nice patchouli and rose bath foam.
I don't like anything made out of seaweed in the bath, it makes the water very gritty and gets into all sorts of nooks and crannies.

valerie

« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »
i use oil instead of lotion...an almond oil with peanut oil & vitamin E. It gas slowed down my aging skin

Panthera

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »
Tell you what, I once tried this Cinnamon bubble foam stuff. The smell was out of this world...

Offline Evan

• Astral Traveller
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • aka Thor, Tree, RQP
« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2011, 08:44:12 PM »
I have some hand made soaps from Treadwells. I like bath salt. I also use oils like Frankincense and Rose or Orange. I have a nice lemon grass handmade soap from Merton Abbey Mills. I love lemon grass. I have been on a potions making course in herbs it was fun. We added herbs to oil and to red wine. I made some lust oil with mars attributes: dragons blood and rose: venus and mercury attributes: mint, fennel, to make it happen fast, it worked rather well. I also did a sunshine potion with yellow herbs.
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire by spirit!

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2011, 02:34:32 PM »
My current favourite is the lavender and geranium soap I made myself. It turned out very well, even if I do say so myself.

The lemon and poppy seed didn't turn out so well. It looked radioactive and smelt like cleaning fluid. You win some, you lose some.
"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are."- St. Augustine

Offline Evan

• Astral Traveller
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • aka Thor, Tree, RQP
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »
My current favourite is the lavender and geranium soap I made myself. It turned out very well, even if I do say so myself.

The lemon and poppy seed didn't turn out so well. It looked radioactive and smelt like cleaning fluid. You win some, you lose some.
do you have soap recipes please? I want to try.
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire by spirit!

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
« Reply #9 on: Aug 03, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
Presumably you don't want the recipe for the radioactive flash one. I'll post a basic recipe that you can add whatever scents and colours you want to later on.
"Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are."- St. Augustine

valerie

« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:01:40 PM »
my shower has oatmeal soap, lavendar soap, & Irish Spring.
Oils: lavendar & almond oil www.caycecures.com
I rarely take a bath

potions? what else? Love Potion #9 8) ;D :D

Offline Evan

• Astral Traveller
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • aka Thor, Tree, RQP
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
Presumably you don't want the recipe for the radioactive flash one. I'll post a basic recipe that you can add whatever scents and colours you want to later on.
ok thank you
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire by spirit!

Offline Rala Rwdins

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Refuge
« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:18:08 PM »
You can make soap completely from scratch but I 'cheat' and use 'melt and pour' vegetable glycerine soap base.

Basic Soap Recipe

• 1 litre or 1kg (35oz) melted soap base
  • 4 teaspoons essential oil or fragrance oil (2%)

Suggested Additives (Choose One or More)

• 1 - 2 tablespoons dried herbs
  • 1 teaspoon clay
  • 1 teaspoon mica or glitter
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons oil, melted butter or Vitamin E
  • 1 teaspoon honey or beeswax
  • A few drops of liquid colouring

Use a chopping board or work surface, cut the soap base into 2.5 - 5cm (1 - 2in) chunks using a kitchen knife. Put the soap chunks into a large non-metal measuring jug (for microwave) or heavy-based saucepan (for hob).

Place the container in the microwave and heat on full power. Start with 20 seconds and continue in 10 second bursts until the base is melted, stirring between bursts. Stirring should disperse small chunks of soap left in the hot base without further heating. Take care not to get any of the hot soap on your skin.

Alternatively, melt the soap base on top of the stove in a heavy-based saucepan or double boiler. Heat gently, stirring until the soap is almost melted, then turn off the heat and stir until the rest of the soap melts.

Mix any powdered additives with a little water before adding to the base, t prevent clumping.

Melt additives like beeswax, hard oil or butter by heating gently in a saucepan of a metal jug on a hob. Stir gently to avoid creating bubbles in the soap.

Combine additives with the soap base. Heavy ingredients may sink to the bottom, so allow the base to cool and thicken slightly before adding any ingredients such as pumice, loofah or oats. If the base becomes too thick to pour, melt it down and start again.

Add the fragrance or essential oil, mixing in thoroughly to ensure even distribution.

The easiest way to colour soaps is with cosmetic grade water-based liquid colour. Soap colours are usually very concentrated and half a drop may be all that is needed.

Pour the melted soap base into a plastic container or mould. Once you have poured your soap, leave it to cool. The time it will take to set will depend on the pouring temperature of the soap and the thickness of the bar. Small thin soaps may be ready in ten minutes, while soaps made in large containers are best left to cool for several hours or overnight.

I also have a 'recipe' for bath bombs. If you're interested, I'll post it tomorrow.

Offline Evan

• Astral Traveller
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • aka Thor, Tree, RQP
« Reply #13 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
my shower has oatmeal soap, lavendar soap, & Irish Spring.
Oils: lavendar & almond oil www.caycecures.com
I rarely take a bath

potions? what else? Love Potion #9 8) ;D :D
I can make really good love potions and lust potions although I think my lust potion works better than my love potion. I can also make lust candles too.
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire by spirit!

Offline Evan

• Astral Traveller
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
  • aka Thor, Tree, RQP
« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »
What can you make with herb magic?

Herbal oil by infusion (not extraction like oils you buy as this is too difficult.)
Potion/brew/infusion
Concoction/tincture
Syrup
Sachet
Bath salts
House blessing wash
Edible cakes
Incense
Poppets

For oil infusion take herbs add to a glass bottle with a lid and add oilve oil and steep for a period of time - heat it up slowly in a sealed bottle in a pan of water or leave in the sun for a week.

examples of some oils I made

for lust/sex

rose - venus
holy thistle - Mars - lust
fennel - mercury - (for immediacy eg I want to get some tonight)
cowslip - venus - beauty
marigold - sun - positivity - so it doesn't back fire
hyssop - mars - more lust
Juniper berry - Jupiter - helps things come to fruition and anti depressant - fights Saturns negativity and self doubt
St John's wort - sun
Mint - mercury
Chamomile - sun

Anti depressant

St John's wort - Jupiter - anti depressant
Rosemary - sun - positive

Well being oil

Marigold - sun - soothes coughs and colds
Nettle - mars - detox
Hyssop - Jupiter - cleansing - healing
Mint - mercury - good for digestion and money

How to make bath salts

easy use sea salt - herbs and oils

you can use herb oil or add herbs to muslin and tie and a few drops of essential oil and drop into bath after adding the salts.

bicarb and citic acid makes a bath bomb like they have in lush although I am not sure how??

How to make herbal tea/brew/potion/infusion

add herbs to boiling water and infuse for 5 minutes

you can use fresh herbs like mint, basil, coriander, rosemary, thyme, or dried herbs like vervain or camomile, merogold, rose petals, lemon verbana, nettle, dandilion
you can add lemon or grated ginger and honey - good for a sore throat

To make an infusion for a beauty wash/toner
infuse and chill
good toners are made from rose, lemon juice, cowslip, camomile, rosemary also oats and honey is good for a face pack

Hair rinse
use rosemary or sage for brunettes
camomile for blonds

Floor washes - use st John's wort or rosemary for protection

To make a tincture use vodka or gin or wine or any alcohol
only use edible herbs like:-

mint
rose
cowslip
marigold
st john's wort
vervain

steep in liquid for 20 minutes strain and drink or store

To make a herbal sachet

add dried herbs to a piece of square cloth and tie up with string or ribbon.
you can write spells or symbols on the cloth
you can add one or two drops of oil to the herbs

for a poppet similar but this is shaped like a person sewn in 2 parts and then stuffed.

sachets can be worn or carried or placed on an altar

To make a decoction

1 ounce/handful herbs to 1 pint hot water reduce on heat till half as big. Then strain makes a strong liqiud.

to turn into a syrup

1 pint of liquid herbal decoction to 1lb of sugar

syrup of violets
cough syrup of marigold

For candle magic take a candle focus your intention into it and imagine success
scratch a symbol or words into it then anoint it with herb oil or herb wash
start from the middle and work out to the ends covering it while infusing it with your energy
light the candle on your altar

« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011, 11:24:13 PM by Evan »
Earth my body
Water my blood
Air my breath
And fire by spirit!