Author Topic: What did you dream about last night?  (Read 116644 times)

Offline Custardy Fututrix

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
What did you dream about last night?
« on: May 19, 2011, 10:59:40 PM »
I have a couple of friends who always make my dreams seem puny and inadequate and well, pedestrian. But I like to hear about them, and dream vicariously though them.

However, last night I had a good 'un; a proper running, jumping, adventure dream. I had to rescue my nephews favourite toy as it dropped into a pond, but then it apparently was suddenly a river, which flowed to the ocean. I swam to the bottom and found it. At some point, then, I met a giant starfish. I have no recollection of the rest of it, but rather worringly, I remember that I somehow mutated this scenario into a sexy time.

Well?
Marching victorious, with your banners of defeat.

Old Brock

Re: What did you dream about last night?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:01:59 PM »
All week my dreams have been hovering, just out of reach behind my head. It's very annoying. I want them back (but not scary ones).

Yours sounds quite exciting, Custard.

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
  • Too postmodern to care (V.V., 19/8/08)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »
My last dream that was clear enough to remember, I was standing beneath a lovely pink cherry blossom tree looking up through the branches, and there was a woman who'd climbed the tree and was sitting on a branch, and I was looking at her knickers.
"get out of my thread you twisted love puppet" -- outoforder

Offline adarajames

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:36 PM »
I had a really sweet dream for once instead of the usual gorefest I generally have, and I've been feeling pertty good and warm from it all day!  :)

Was marrying a girl in a generally pretty strict religious family (was either Muslim or Hasidic, not sure which for some reason although I am aware they are very different!) but they all had the view that as long as she was happy them they were more than happy to welcome me to their family regardless of the religious objections to being gay; we even lived with them, the Father, Mother (who I called Mother with great love) and I think siblings of her's and their partners & offspring.

Was very odd but so lovely, but I am so not the marrying kind! And not sure I could even live with a partner, let alone their family without killing many people!! But still such a nice change from my usual killing mass murder dreams!
Facebook - Old Hag Designs for pretties! :)

skream

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 11:05:38 PM »
does anyone else not remember their dreams?

Old Brock

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:06:03 PM »
I would like Mr Sparklepant's dream tonight. It would be good if dreams could be pre-selected.

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 11:07:15 PM »
Apparently if you write about your dreams every day, you train yourself to remember them, old Brock. You know what you have to do.  :D

Yours sounds nice, adarajames. I hardly ever have gory dreams any more. I think I had my whole share by the time I'd finished childhood...

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:08:10 PM »
At the time it was all lovely and gentle, as I stood under the tree in a sunny field admiring the view, but when I woke I felt quite guilty, as if I'd done something I shouldn't.

Offline adarajames

• Gingerbeer Goddess
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 11:09:33 PM »
I'm told the goryness stuff is linked to having ME and sleep disturbance and insomnia issues! If I could recall more details I oculd probably outwrite Stephen King for horror, but thankfully have trained myself not to remember too many and don't wake myself up screaming the place down so often any more. so its an improvement! and if I can have more like last nights then I'd be happy  :D - alth without the problems getting to sleep which kept me awake till around 4am, that wasn't so good!  >:(
Facebook - Old Hag Designs for pretties! :)

Old Brock

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:13 PM »
I used to write about my dreams quite often. I write about the vivid ones. Especially if they have animals. They sometimes feed into my artwork.

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
At the time it was all lovely and gentle, as I stood under the tree in a sunny field admiring the view, but when I woke I felt quite guilty, as if I'd done something I shouldn't.

Me too. Although in fairness, I probably fvcked a starfish.

@adarajames I have serious sleep issues too. But that translates into anxiety dreams, normally. Or terrible things happening, sans gore.

Offline Uncle Pants

• Gingerbeer Lifer
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
I'm not sure I'd know how to find a suitable orifice of a starfish.

• Gooey Grumble Guts
  • Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »
Its like a drunken sh@g, I don't remember the explicit details, but I know stuff went on.

Offline tofu

• Gingerbeer Goddess
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:02 PM »
i had a dream recently about getting married !  i was wearing a fancy wedding dress and my gf started crying when she saw me and i said "i'm only wearing it for you cos you said i couldn't wear jeans"

in real life my gf likes all the wedding dress malarky, but it doesn't interest me in the least and i do always say if we get married she can have the dress, but i'm wearing jeans...i've told her i'lll buy new ones especially for the day and have them shortened instead of my usual hatchet job with the scissors !!!
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Offline Haran

• Gingerbeer Diva
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
^Crumbs. I'm sure you could Google starfish orifices if you really needed to know.

The other night, after I'd been out dancing rather vigorously, I dreamt that I had broken my foot. I was in hospital, and O joy it was a VERY gay hospital with attractive staff. Meanwhile, everyone was going to a conference of pigeons and birds of prey, held in a large auditorium. I was slightly anxious about how I was going to get there with my broken foot.

This is not untypical. I frequently dream Dr Who plots, and meet pop stars. There's lots of banal bits inbetween, which I have edited in the above extract.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:30:31 PM by Haran »
'To ask the hard question is simple'